Montage of canal images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the canal archive

Canal Archive: Bridging the Years

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

St Catherine's Church Barton - Upon - Irwell

St Catherine's Church Barton - Upon - Irwell

T1970  Alongside the Southern bank of the Ship Canal, close to the swing aqueduct at Barton, stood two churches. One church was All Saints' Roman Catholic Church, the other was Saint Catherine's Church. St Catherine's graveyard contained Marshall Steven's memorial vault. Stevens had moved from his position as General Manager for the Manchester Ship Canal to become Managing Director of Trafford Park Estates in 1897. St Catherine's was later demolished in the 1970s, however the memorial vault still stands in the graveyard.
Publisher Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council
Contributor
Creator personalname, Unknown; ,
Date creation, 1907; ,
Type Photograph, Black and White; ,
Format dimension.H, 101mm; dimension.W, 127mm; , ; ,
Identifier T.UR.D.283.CAT.
Source Trafford Local Studies Centre
Language EN
Relation , ; , ; , ; ,
Coverage Location.Creation Site, St Catherine's Church, Barton (O.S. Ref: 376659, 397400); , ; , ; ,
Rights Unknown
File created 4:2:1, 17/5/2004